To me, pets are people. Pets in your family are your family. Anyone who knows David or myself could tell you that our dogs are our children (and no, I’m not trying to argue that having a dog is the same as having a human child). Do you have fur-children, too? Check out these 14 signs that your dog (or dogs) might be your furry child(ren):
1. They’re your first consideration when a friend asks you to hang out.
2. You have full-blown conversations with them.
3. Almost every card, gift or package you send is also from the dog(s).
4. You constantly worry about their comfort: you roll down the car windows in the winter, check on them, and even put them in shoes.
5. Every picture you take of them is social media worthy.
6. You plan everything around them – vacations, parties, and even where you live.
^^ It’s almost impossible to find a rental house that (1) allows 3 dogs and (2) doesn’t charge a million dollar pet fee.
7. You can’t leave them with just anyone – and when you do leave them, you leave behind a detailed list of anything and everything the pet sitter might need to know.
8. You often interrupt conversations to talk about – or to – your dog.
9. Your house is as much theirs as it is yours.
10. Instead of getting mad, you’re disappointed in them when they do the thing you “just talked about” not doing.
11. You leave parties (or events, dinners, movies, etc) early to check on them.
(Get your own Coolaroo Bed HERE – we purchased 2, and our pups love them! Super lightweight and easy to put together.)
12. You attribute your dog’s characteristics and behaviors to yourself or your spouse.
13. They have Christmas stockings, and made paw print ornaments.
14. Your puppy stories are just as important as your friend’s human baby stories.
How many of these signs resonate with you? Do you have any other signs to share? I’d love to hear them in the comments below.
*This post contains affiliate links.