Reading more books was one of my New Year resolutions. So far, I’ve crossed two off my ever-growing list.
I love reading, but have read less and less over the past few years due to laziness and technology (thanks, Netflix). In an effort to hold myself accountable, I purchased a cute flamingo journal from Target to review the books I read. I include the title of the book, author, a start/finish date, and takeaways or meaningful quotes. So far, it seems to be working!
My first book of the year was Rich Bitch: A Simple 12-Step Plan for Getting Your Financial Life Together…
My second book was The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up: The Japanese art of Decluttering and Organizing by Marie Kondo. I’m sure you’ve heard of the KonMari Method, even if you can’t exactly define it. Keep an eye out for a post on this book next week!
Okay so you know what I’ve already read… let’s take a look at some of the other books patiently waiting on my bookshelf, in no particular order:
1. A House in the Sky by Amanda Lindhout & Sara Corbett
2. I am Malala: The Girl Who Stood Up for Education and Was Shot by the Taliban by Malala Yousafzai
3. HTML & CSS: Design and Build Websites by Jon Duckett
4. The Art of War by Sun Tzu
5. 13 Hours: The Inside Account of What Really Happened in Benghazi by Mitchell Zuckoff
6. The Jungle by Upton Sinclair
7. Blue Ocean Strategy: How to Create Uncontested Market Space and Make the Competition Irrelevant by W. Chan Kim and Reneé Mauborgne
8. Spartan Up!: A Take-No-Prisoners Guide to Overcoming Obstacles and Achieving Peak Performance in Life by Joe De Sena
9. Les Misérables by Victor Hugo
10. Dark Places by Gillian Flynn
11. How to Podcast 2015 by Paul Colligan
12. Outliers: The Story of Success by Malcolm Gladwell
13. Rayuela by Julio Cortázar
14. A Clockwork Orange by Anthony Burgess
Do you have any additions or suggestions for me?
*This post contains affiliate links.